Wednesday, May 03, 2006

AJ's Toddler Bed




AJ did so great on our Colorado trip without a crib or play pen that we decided to see how well he would do with his toddler bed. It's only been two nights, but AJ has done just fine. I lay him down and tell him it's nap time or night night time and he just stays in bed. I thought for sure that he'd try to get up and out of the bed. This was the first transistion. The next will be to take away the pacifier. He only uses it to sleep (except in church and on air planes), but we've decided to go ahead and try to break him of it altogether. We'll see how well that goes!

Okay, I have to make an addition to this post. AJ slept in the toddler bed just fine for the 3rd night in a row, however, when he called out to me this morning to let me know he was awake, I came in and just as he had been the previous mornings, he was sitting up in the bed waiting for me. I had assumed he never got up until I looked at him and realized that he had nothing on except the top to his PJs. I saw the socks on the floor and his PJ bottoms, but I couldn't find the diaper. I looked in the bed and all over the floor. I didn't see it. I finally looked at AJ and asked him where his diaper was. He quickly hopped down from the bed, ran to his trash can and pointed in it. And sure enough, there was one open diaper laying in the trash can. I had just emptied his trash can the night before. Thank goodness it was only a wet diaper!

No comments: