Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Colorado Trip




What a great time! AJ and I flew out to Denver to visit my brother, Barry. Grandma and Grandpa Cook drove out and met us there. We had a terrific visit. AJ and I got to meet Barry's girlfriend, Sharlene. AJ really liked her (so did I). I think AJ was making a play for his uncle's girl. We spent our first and last night at Sharlene's house and the nights in between at a really nice cabin up in the mountains. It was fabulous. While in the mountains, Barry decided to take us sledding one day. We climbed a good sized hill and decided that since Barry had the most sledding experience, he was going to take AJ down the hill. The pic shown with Barry and AJ is the one I took right before the first run down the hill. AJ was leary but not yet completely terrified. That came later. AJ started screaming half way down. What does Uncle Barry do? He climbs the hill again with AJ and insists on taking him back down while AJ proceeds to scream the whole way. Grandpa got a pic of AJ crying while Barry is laughing like crazy. If he emails me that pic, I may post it later. I'm not sure AJ ever quite trusted Uncle Barry again after this experience.

No comments: