Monday, January 09, 2006

Anthony's Daily Hygeine





Every day I brush AJ's teeth and then I give him the tooth brush and he brushes for a while. He loves to brush his teeth. He also loves to brush his hair. He takes his daily hygeine rituals very seriously. He has now leanred the sign for brushing teeth and has developed his own sign for brushing hair to let me know when he wants to brush teeth and hair. Of course, this is usually when I am brushing my hair and teeth. I start to brush my hair, and he runs his hand over his hair. So, I give him his brush while I finish brushing my hair. Usually, when I'm done and put my brush back in the drawer, he wants to put his back in the drawer too. Then I get out my tooth brush, and he puts his finger in or close to his mouth and moves it back and forth. So, I first brush his teeth, then hand him the toothbrush, pick him up and brush my teeth holding him. He likes to brush his teeth while watching me brush mine in the mirror. When I rinse mine and put it away, then he hands me his so I can do the same with his brush. By the way, AJ now has 5 teeth to brush!

No comments: