Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fun with AJ





Last week I interviewed for a two different jobs. I could tell right away that one of them was not what I was interested in doing, so I let them know that. The other is very interesting to me, but they had a lot of applicants and I fear I won't be offered that job. I thought I'd be more upset about that fact, but I'm not. AJ and I are having lots of fun and I don't feel lonely any more. I have made several friends through the play groups and activity groups that we attend every week. Last night, the guys all went to one house to play poker and the girls all came to our house to play games and hang out.

I know that if I go back to work, it will only be for something I know I'll enjoy doing, and I only want to work part time right now. I hate the thought of giving up all my time with AJ. He is more and more fun every day. He has let me read to him for some time, but lately he is wanting to be read to more often. I love reading to him because it's one of the few times that I get to hold and cuddle him in my lap. I have baskets of books all over the house so that he'll be inspired to have me read to him. If he brings me a book, I'll drop whatever I'm doing (if possible) to sit and read to him on the spot. I never used to know for sure if AJ could tell what the pictures were of if the book had cartoon like pictures. In the past month, I've been able to tell that he does know. If he sees something in the book that he knows the sign for, he'll sign it when he sees it. He has a book with fish that he'll start signing "fish" when he brings it to me. He has another book that as I was reading to him yesterday, he started signing tooth brush. I looked at the page because the words don't say anything about a toothbrush, and noticed for the first time that there is a drawing of a tooth brush on the counter. One of his favorite books right now is called "This little baby's morning." He will often bring it to me and then sign tooth brush because the book is all about the baby's morning routine and the baby brushes her teeth as part of the routine. AJ remembers this even before we open the book. Of course, he should know what it is about, he's only had me read it a couple hundred times by now.

No comments: