Monday, January 09, 2006

Vroom vroom!



We finally unpacked AJ's yellow mini and put it in his room. He LOVES that car. Every day now, he gets in and out of it and plays around. We do not plan to put the battery in for some time. For now, it has served a good purpose in AJ's room. He plays for a while by himself upstairs while I try to get more unpacking done. I have just about unpacked everything that I can. I think that the only things left to be unpacked are Dave's Nebraska room stuff and garage stuff. That is Dave's territory, so if he wants to have the garage and basement cluttered, that is fine as long as I have a place to park in the garage.

My little Anthony is becoming more helpful in other was these days. He is more cooperative while I dress him now. He follows directions when I ask him to put his arms through the sleeves or stick his foot up for a sock. He'll take things to the trash when I ask. Now I'm working on getting him to put toys away in the toybox. Yesterday he was pushing a toy that has balls inside that pop when pushed. It was time to go up for bed so I told AJ to put the ball popper in his toybox. I asked him two times and he took it right over and put it in. I cheered for his accomplishment and he was so proud, he started clapping. He is not always so eager to clean up messes he makes, but this is a good start. He is funny about his Little People Zoo set. It has a plastic bag that all the zoo animals go in. AJ will get out a few animals at a time to play with, but always puts them back in the bag. If I get any animals out to show him, he'll take them away from me and put them back in the bag. Not sure what that is about, but I'm glad because I was concerned that the animals would be spread all over this place.

No comments: